Horse Show Terminology
- Parasite - A small organism that lives on or in and at the expense of a larger organism called the host.
- Parrot mouth - Opposite of monkey mouth, the upper jaw overhangs the lower jaw, the incisors do not properly meet and cause uneven wear and growth.
- Parturition - The act of giving birth
- Passage - A movement in trot with an extended moment of suspension. The horse's quarters carry more weight and propel him forward.
- Piaffe - A movement in trot (alternate diagonals). A proud and rhythmic movement performed nearly on the spot.
- Piebald - The black and white coat color of the Pinto and cob type horse.
- Posting - The rising and lowering of a rider with the rhythm of the trot.
- Purebred - Bred from members of a recognized breed without mixture of blood from other breeds.
There are 0 items in your basket